Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Encouraging news...and celebrations



(Aunt Christi and Tyler have a good time at Christi's family birthday supper...)






Going back to Duke Medical Center was surprisingly hard for me last week.




The last time I walked out of there, I was radioactive. I have been grateful for a "normal" life (if you can call my life--especially as a DS-- normal in any way). At least it has been treatment free and surgery free! I could viscerally feel my dread as I threaded my way through the clinics back to the endoctrinologist at Duke.




The preliminary news is good. Did the radioactive iodine tumor get all the cancer cells? It's too soon to be certain. But in the initial lab work, there are no discernable signs of the tumor. I go back to the surgeon for scans in May and then they will collaboratively schedule a week of followup tests that will give the more definitive look at whether or not we "got it" all.




So there was good news to celebrate...along with my daughter Christi's birthday....and having our family together. Whenever we get together, it is a joyful thing.




(Mary Allen and Tyler play peek-a-boo)


Oh, sooooooo much to be grateful for!!


No comments:

Post a Comment