Sunday, December 11, 2011

Need to learn the language of the younger generation....

Ok, this is the time for children to dream about what they are wanting for Christmas.
My Connor (6)---my very smart Connor--says he wants a DS.
Imagine my surprise!
In our line of work, DS is sometimes laughingly referred to as Director of Sanitation because of all the messes we get called to....but I have never known DS to mean anything other than this connectional work of District Superintendency.
So, when Connor said he wanted a DS, I said, "Oh, honey, you already HAVE one!"
"What do you mean?" he asked.
"Well, I'm a DS, I said proudly.
"No, Grammy. DS is a game."
"A game? What do you mean?"
Connor--tired of my not understanding him and leaving the room-- "I guess Mom and Dad will have to explain it to you."
I guess they will.
What I am doing certainly does not feel like a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment