Thursday, July 28, 2011

Just can't stop growing...

If Tyler Michael Conforti is not the cutest, most affectionate, smartest 3 year old on the planet, I can't imagine who is.

And today is his last visit to my house as a 3 year old. The next time he comes, he will be 4.

On the drive from his house to my house, this is part of how the conversation went:

Tyler: Grammy, I'm about to be 4!
Grammy: (feigning distress) Oh no!
Tyler: Oh yes I am! And then, after that, I'll be 5!
Grammy: (feigning greater distress) Oh no!
Tyler: Oh yes, I will. And after that, I will be 6!
etc. etc. etc. until he is 10.....

Grammy: Tyler, you are just growing up too fast. (A true statement if I've ever made one...)
Tyler: But, Grammy, I have to keep growing.
Grammy: Can't we stop it?
Tyler: NO! You can't!

Grammy: Couldn't we just put a brick on your head?
Tyler: No, I'd still keep growing...and, besides, that would hurt.
Grammy: You are getting to be such a big boy.

Tyler: That's right, Grammy. Get used to it. Because I'm going to keep growing and growing and growing and growing.

My sweet grandson is a welcome change from the adults I often encounter in my work who aren't growing and proud of it. I'm wishing more people would be excited about growing....

No comments:

Post a Comment