Thursday, December 17, 2009

Watching Dreams Come True





Today, we had an amazing opportunity to share an experience that, in Mary Allen's words, gave us a chance to "watch dreams come true." I had my first on site visit to Mary and Mary Allen's new house at Lake Junaluska. And she is right, it was a chance to see a dream become a reality.

This is the view from one of Mark and Mary Allen's decks...

















And it is a dream come true.
They have long hoped and saved and dreamed for a house at Junaluska. And now, right before their eyes, their dream is taking shape. They have started a house blog with the name of the house: Dream Come True.
Our trip was everything Mary Allen said it would be: a great thrill watching a dream become reality. I am so happy for them. So proud of them.
But I think the thing I would want Mary Allen to know is that I have the joy of watching dreams come true,too. I'm not building a house. My dreams are bigger. My dreams are about building a life. And every time I see Mary Allen, I am seeing my dreams come true. Every time I see the creative, loving, joyful, dedicated, wonderful Christian, wife and mother that she is, I am seeing my dreams come true. Every time I see the way she supports her husband and organizes life for her household, I am seeing my dreams come true. Every time I see the pasty Chrismon creations, little Christmas trees made of ice cream cones, green icing and sprinkles (beloved by the little boys), and personalized church bags for each boy, I see the dream of my heart come true. Every time I see the joyful playfulness, pictures and blogs, homemade gifts and overflowing love of her heart, I am seeing my dreams come true.
Mark and Mary Allen are building a house that their family will enjoy for years... and I celebrate that with them and for them. They are seeing their dreams become a reality.
When I see their lives, I also have the chance to see dreams come true...dreams of my heart...dreams for my daughter. They are not dreams of a building, but dreams of a life. She is more accomplished, creative, dedicated, extraordinary than I could ever have dreamed. I have the privilege of seeing dreams come true every time I see her.







No comments:

Post a Comment