Monday, September 14, 2009

Pretty remarkable...

My father will be 88 in November. I am the long-distance one in the family so I keep in touch by calling him every night. I am always inspired by his interest in politics, current church events and the personal connections he is always making as Minister in Residence at my "home" church in Frankfort.
With the pace of superintendency, my schedule is always stretched to the limit. But today, Daddy takes the cake. My schedule pales in comparison. This morning, he was meeting with the Coffee Club at 10:00 a.m. (Frankfort's long-standing solve-the-problems-of-the-world group), the swearing in of a family friend to a judgeship at 11:00; Rotary at noon; 1:00 he has a part in a funeral and tonight, he has Methodist Men. That's quite a whirlwind for someone of any age. But isn't it wonderful that all those things describe the schedule of someone born in 1921! It is a great joy to me that Daddy not only is living--especially since longevity is not a trait in his family--but that he has such a high quality of life.
So today, I am celebrating that his busy schedule leaves mine in the dust. A blessing indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment